I have wanted a trampoline for my kids for over a year. I thought it would be so nice to be able to send them outside in the backyard and have them get exercise without me having to take them to the park or outside to ride their bikes. However, Trevor did not want a trampoline. He said it will kill the grass. Our compromise was that he would take the kids to the park after work so I could get things done and the kids could get some exercise. We said we would give it a month and then talk about the trampoline later. I have to give Trevor credit...he took the kids almost everyday for about a week. The second week he probably took them a few days during the week. The third week Trevor hurt his ankle playing basketball. It was really bad. We thought it might be broken. It was really swollen and he had to use crutches because he couldn't put any pressure on it. He had me icing it and wrapping it every hour for 2 1/2 days straight. It was awful!! I was so frustrated because he couldn't do anything but prop his leg up. To make matters worse, he was suppose to play in a softball tournament on Saturday. (He hurt his ankle on Wednesday morning.) On Friday night he mentioned that he thought he might be able play. I was shocked. I told him, " Yesterday you thought it might be broken and today you think you can play on it?" Needless to say I was not happy. I tried to talk him out of it. I told him it's not worth it that he could really get hurt. He didn't say anything else about it so in my mind I thought he understood how I felt. (I might add here that Trevor has previously broken his leg playing softball and has a series of other sport related injuries. Not to mention the fact that he can't move for a entire day after he plays when he doesn't have a sprained ankle. ) Well I wake up the next day to an empty bed. I go downstairs to see where he is. I call him on his phone, he doesn't pick up. I go to the computer and see map quest to the softball fields. I was soooo mad! I can't begin to tell you how mad I was. He called me at 9:00 and said, "I don't know why your so mad, I told you last night I was going to try and play and I'm fine. It's a miracle!" So you wanna know what I did? I got right back on that computer and I bought that Trampoline I have been wanting for over a year. I know it was totally spiteful and I'm usually not a vengeful person, but I was mad. Since that day Trev and I have worked things out and although I did feel bad (3 days later) that I bought the trampoline out of anger, I am so glad we have it. The kids love it and I love them playing outside in the safely of our backyard.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is the best story I have ever heard of why someone got a tramp. It is so Trever to not even be able to walk but somehow be able to play softball. This makes me laugh! Thank you for sharing.
HAHHAHAHHAA!!!!! That is awesome. I think if he can get over physical injury to do sports, we can use shopping for our own medicinal purposes. It's the SAME argument.
loved the story when you told me and love reading about it again. Love and miss ya.
Another hilarious story from the Lords. I love it!
Post a Comment