Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dancing Queen

Morgan walked in on me dancing. Full on, radio blasting, in front of the mirror, dancing. When I saw her she laughed out loud and said "Mom! How embarrassing!" I begged her not to tell anyone and it's been this cute thing between us. A few days ago she says to me, "Mom remember when I saw you dancing," and walked away laughing. I guess it got me thinking about motherhood with mother's day around the corner. I love that she saw a glimpse of who I am. Not her Mom, but the real me, all alone, in my bathroom, dancing. And I can't wait to share a relationship with her as friends and not just mom and daughter. Her knowing me as a person and friend. It will be fun to hang out and see girl movies, shop, and get pedicures together. Who am I kidding? She'll probably hate me, or think I'm a big dork. Maybe theses things will never happen but, a mom can dream...can't she?

1 comment:

Sarah and Trent said...

Super cute Kristina!!! I love it. You'll have to show me some of your rockin' moves.
Thanks again for having us over to swim!