Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas Day




I love Christmas. My sisters and I would all sleep in the same room Christmas eve. I remember lying in bed, my mind wandering, giddy about the next day. We would wake up sometimes as early as 4 and sneak out to see what Santa had brought us. We would try and wake my parents and they would tell us to go back to sleep until the sun was up. Of course, we never went back to sleep and lay in bed watching the window till it was finally time to open presents. This year, I had a similar experience....but reverse. I was giddy as I went to bed Christmas eve, so excited to see the girls faces on Christmas morning. When I heard Morgan and Sydney head down stairs to see the presents, my heart was full of joy and anticipation of them coming to wake me up. I felt like a little girl as I waited for them, with a smile on my face. Experiencing the magic through them all over again, but this time as a parent, was the best Christmas gift I received this year.

No comments: