Sunday, January 24, 2010

catch up

Well...it's been about a month since I last posted. The new year is in full swing. As one of my new year's resolutions to lose weight, I gave up diet soda and chocolate....two of my favorite things. The first 2 weeks were quite a struggle. I had headache's every day at 2:00 on the dot. It was the strangest thing. Surly I wasn't addicted to soda or chocolate....maybe I was. I haven't had a sip of soda or a piece of chocolate since December 26. It will be one month on Tuesday. I didn't lose one single pound since giving it up but, I do feel better about it. I have more will power. To be honest, I didn't think I could do it. I started a biggest loser contest with some friends in our ward. I had a awesome first week. I lost 2.4 pounds and probably gained that all back this week, which was not such a great week. We are weighing in tonight and I'm bringing my $2 with me. (we pay $1 a week for the contest $2 if you gain weight winner takes all $$ based on %)

Addison is turning 3 on Tuesday. I can't believe my baby is 3!!! I have realized I have nothing in my home that resembles a baby. No crib, no pacifiers, no diapers, no bottles, no sippy cups. It's so strange. We've been trying to get pregnant for several months now. I'm starting to worry about time. So much time has passed since we had a baby in our home. Today at church, I was holding a friends baby who spit up on me. It was shocking to me. I haven't been spit up on in a very long time. Please come baby, we are waiting for you. Hurry...time is slipping away. Addi is turning 3. I want you two to be close. I hope were not too late.

We had a new bishopric put in today. It was so awesome to hear and sustain them. I love each of them and their families. I feel so blessed to be in such a great ward with such wonderful families and friends who feel like family. It is so great to have good friends who inspire you to be better, who you can be yourself around. I turned to Trevor and told him that I've always thought he would be Bishop someday. Maybe that's not something you should say out loud but...He is so dedicated to the gospel and would give anything and everything to the church. I'm lucky to have such a honorable man as my husband.

1 comment:

Hendry Family said...

Keep trying!!! I'm sure that is what Trevor says;)