Sunday, January 3, 2010

New year resolutions 2010

Care and take care- Care about my life. Not have a "whatever" kind of attitude, but care about everything I do…even the laundry. Take time to care for things important to me, #1 God, #2 myself, #3 my family.

Read the Book of Mormon as a family- I read on a friend’s blog about how her family finished reading the BoM after 5 long years of persistent with little kids. I was so inspired by her dedication. She said it was just easier to do that to fret about not doing it. So…..goal #2 read the book of Mormon!

Make time for things- kind of goes along with #1 but I finally realized (duh!) that my life will never be easier and I will never have more time. I can’t keep putting things off for when we will be less busy bc….it will never happen. So I have to be organized with little bits of free time to do things that need to be done…or find time for things that I want to do.

Breathe…in and out…and in and out again…if needed. Patience is a virtue that has been missing from my life. When I feel like screaming (which is a everyday occurrence in our home) I need to take a breathe and hold It in. My hope is by doing this small exercise everyday, the spirit can dwell in my home.

Stop feeling guilty- My guilty leads me to despair and I can’t accomplish anything. Less guilt! More lists! When I have time to check things off I will rejoice in the things that I have accomplished and not despair at all the things that still need to be done.

And of course....the dreaded resolution I make every year....lose weight. This is my year. I can feel it!

No comments: