Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thanks to the Lady in White

Growing up, I never got enough sleep. I was always tired in the morning. There are some people that open there eyes and can get right out of bed and start the day. I am not one of those people. In fact, growing up, I didn't even speak in the morning. It would literally take me about two hours before I could have a normal conversation where I wasn't biting some one's head off. To this day, I like to lay in my bed for a good 10 to 15 minutes before getting up.

I wouldn't say that I am a morning person. The past couple of mornings I've been struggling to get back into the habit of working out early in the morning. And although it is not easy to pry myself out of bed, I love being up early in the morning. The world seems quieter. My mind can actually think. I think the most thought provoking thoughts when I work out first thing in the morning.
Now, I do not consider myself a runner, I don't even enjoy running. But I love the way my mind feels when I run. This morning, I was extremely tired. I don't know if it's allergy medication, but I've been especially sleepy the last couple of days. (I know what your thinking....and NO, I'm not pregnant!) I was having the most vivid dream. Crazy actually. Something about Edward and another girl..some kind of love triangle. There was music in the background. Sara Bareilles Gravity. Very weird right? Anyway...the alarm went off and I did not want to get out of bed. I wanted to see how my dream would end. My room was chilly and I curled up in my covers. I quickly debated with my self. Should I get up? I really don't want to get up! I know I'll feel so much better if I get up. Oh...but I really just want to sleep a little longer.

I dragged myself out of bed. Changed into work out clothes and came down stairs to put my shoes on. I grabbed my I pod and made my way out the door. The air was cold. I felt goosebumps on my arms and thought again about my covers in my bed. I told myself forget it...your already out. Wake up already. I put on some music. My usually stuff wasn't waking me up. I still felt really groggy and tired. I walked up to the top of the street where I usually start running and was still totally tired.

I kept walking. I saw a lady in front of me. She was an older lady. She had on all white. White shirt, white pants, white jacket, white gloves, and a white visor. Just as I thought to myself, why is this lady in all white?, I saw her face. She had the biggest grin I've ever seen. She had big bright eyes. Her countenance was so happy. As she passed me, She looked into my eyes and said good morning. Normally I hate people like her, so cheerful and happy so early in the morning. But today...I don't know, I felt different. She changed me. She made me feel happy. She woke up my mind and got me thinking about my own life. I stared to run.

I don't know why, but I can't stop thinking about this lady. I can still see her in my mind several hours later. She only said two words to me but I could tell that she was happy. Today she helped me be happy. She helped me be better. She helped me through my workout and through the rest of my day. I am so happy that I got out of bed this morning to run.

2 comments:

Kaymee said...

No more gym??? :)

Lydia said...

Good for you. I have to find a way to get my lazy but moving.