I don't know what to do. I have completely had it with Addi. I have been potty training her for a little over a month now. She is completely pee trained but refuses to go poop in the toilet. Does anyone else have this problem? She is almost 3 years old. I know she understands when she needs to poop. She never has pee accidents. And yet she just poops in her underwear whenever she has to go. I don't know why she wont go in the toilet. I am so frustrated. I have tried everything I know how. Cool potty chair, candy, stickers, ice cream, toys, praise, phone calls, parties and then resorted to time outs, I've even spanked her butt. I have been so patient with her. I did not get angry with her in the beginning. I figured it was just normal, that she needed time to get the concept. In the last two weeks she has pooped in her panties every other day, sometimes twice a day. I have throw away about 12 pairs of underwear. HELP! WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?
I can't put a diaper back on her. She is just too big and I think she is waiting for me to cave. If I put a pull up on her, she pees in the pull up in stead of the toilet. I know she knows what she is doing. I can see it on her face. But it's almost like she doesn't care. All day today, every 15 mins of so, I would put her on the toilet. Every time I heard or smelled her fart, I put her on the toilet. We went to Costco this afternoon. I took her to the bathroom at home before we left. I took her in the store as soon as we got there. I took her again when we were leaving the store. And as I put the food in the house what does she do....POOPS AND PEES RIGHT ON THE FLOOR!
I realize I am being very over dramatic about this and I realize I am taking it very personally but I am totally defeated. I don't know what to do. Help!!!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
With Kory once he like his underware I had to stay home a few days and I wouldn't let him ware his underware or pants until he poop in the potty. I worked for him.
Rub her nose in it:) Just kidding. Sounds like you are doing everything right. I had a similar experience with Boston and I finally took him outside and sprayed him with the cold water and he never pooped in his pants again. I know it was mean, but I had had it. Cleaning up poop is no fun. Good Luck!!
What a great idea! I'm going to try it! Thanks!
Which idea are you going to try? Poor Addie if you spray her with water!
One of my girls had a similar problem. She actually didn't want to go on the potty because it hurt (she held it in until it got too big and then when she couldn't hold it in any longer it would come out in her panties.) I increased her fiber a whole bunch and switched her to soy milk and it made a huge difference! If it is easier to go, she might be more willing to do it on the potty.
She simply might not be ready. I am not talking physically but mentally. It's very common for children to not potty train until after they are 3. I haven't even started with Grant.
I have found that the more you push them before they are ready the longer you will have very negative effects that last for a long time to come.
My advice? Take a break from it all. Make it no big deal. If you tell her she has to go back into diapers cause she was a bad girl that will make it worse. Just blow it off or don't say anything about it. Put her back in diapers and say that you will try later. Give her a couple of weeks off. When she expresses interest in it then I would try again.
This has probably become a power issue for you and her with neither one of you wanting to give up. But studies have shown that if you push them too hard or give them negative punishments it will only draw out the process even longer (and I think is just cruel).
Take a break and then when you start again just calmly have her help you clean up the mess.
She will get it! I don't think she will be going to Kindergarten in her diapers!
Post a Comment